ACF "Applied" Fall Classes 🙌
ACF finished our amazing summer camp thanks to your equally amazing support and is now ready for the Fall with the below plans. Why don't you join us and continue the incredible "Applied" computing journey with us!
ACF Fall Classes
- For new and extraordinary 2020 Fall ACF programs and classes such as Unity Game Development, click here: ACF 2020 Fall Classes
- How ACF makes a fundamental impact on our students and their curiosity for CS - ACF ignites it with real projects and builds a stepping stone to academic success too. ACF Fall 2020 curriculum is curated with that single goal (empowering our students to "code with any topics ACF students are passionate about")
Classes Taking Off Super Soon 🚀
- Cakery Bakery (Learn Variables, Functions, If Else while building your own delicious cakes 🎂) signup
- Flashcard (Got French elective, no worries! build your own French quizlet app 🇫🇷) signup
Python (Data Science and AI). ACF's Python classes are designed to channel our students' gaming passion into data science ("Minecraft with coding - web scraping all the Minecraft data using Python programming")
- Python Starter (In this project based camp, the students will learn fundamentals of programming via series of mini games. Concepts Strings & Syntax Conditional Statements and more! A perfect beginner course for the first timer in Python) signup
- Minecraft with Python 1 (Learn coding in fun environment students are already familiar and confident. Use programming to add personalized, modded flair to Minecraft! Create your own items and blocks, then design and build an adventure map to incorporate your awesome additions into the game. Online Course Requirements: Mac or Windows PC only, Minecraft Java Edition signup
- Math with Python (If you want to combine Python coding with Math then this is the right "experiment" for you) signup
- Java Starter (In this course, students learn the fundamentals of the Java programming language. They will get familiar with programming concepts like variables, data types, methods, control statements, arrays, logical operators etc.This course will emphasize problem solving and algorithm development, and use hands-on experiences and examples so that students can apply programming tools and solve complex problems) signup
- AI with Stock1 (This class is designed to build a strong foundation and best practices towards data science and machine learning through stock trading. First half will be basic Python learning followed by the webscraping as the quality data results from quality data extraction. With this class, students will learn how to collect the accurate data for whatever they desire to research.) signup
And more NEW Fall classes (classes that will trigger creative minds to explore their creativity through applied coding curriculum to build their digital portpolio)
- VR Game Making Starter ( Don't just play games, step directly into them with virtual reality and the Oculus Go. Create awesome worlds you can see, hear, and lose yourself in. After you've built your experience, take home your designs to continue crafting and improving your immersive, interactive virtual realms.You can continue as many weeks as you want. Camp is individual project based and your imagination is the limit! CoSpace license fee is included & available for 6 months for access) signup
- Scratch Advanced (Do you love Scratch? Take it to the next level. In this advanced Scratch game making course, students will make several Scratch games and present them proudly on the last day) signup
ACF Junior and High School Entreprenurship Classes (startup incubator to benefit the community)
These startup style classes are forming and taking off every month including "Stock Market App", "Game app for Small Businesses", "Navigation App for the blind" which launched last month. *Discord channel is for team project discussion for ACF entreprenurship teams not for the game discussion 😁
“I was handed a CS class for honors students with no curriculum and no syllabus. We already have the AP curricula covered, so it was interesting to meet Applied Computing Foundation (ACF). After seeing their materials,I have no doubt that what they deliver could work anywhere from 6th grade to 12th grade, perhaps earlier. It’s a hands onapproach, and the students can actually build something meaningful. Additional computing topics, lessons in entrepreneurship and design thinking, and much more are either here or coming. I look forward to continued collaboration with ACF and cannot wait to see what they add next!” (From an ACF Advisor and Henry Gunn High school CS teacher Mr.Josh Paley)
"These classes are super helpful and effective because it is very custom paced, progressive, and most importantly, interactive. The material is taught smoothly and isn’t forced down our throats. I love that questions are always answered. Not only that, the ACF teacher teaches us how to troubleshoot on our own and how to problem solve. This is very important and something rare in an online course. I love the environment of this class and ACF teacher’s teaching! (From ACF student who is taking ACF real project coding class for the first time)
ACF now has the empowering partner
RRRComputer.org is a non-profit in Oakland which facilitates access to technology for low income K-12 students. We encourage individuals and corporations to donate their laptops instead of recycling them. With a team of volunteers, we refurbish and give these laptops a new lease of life before distribution to students and after-school digital literacy programs. These computers allow the students to have access and opportunity to support their education.
- Make a donation at rrrcomputer.org/donate.
- RRRcomputer also accepts laptop and monetary donations, and works with companies on matching gift programs and sponsorships.